Friday, September 17, 2010

Meeshu minus Meesha

A word on the title, for people who don't understand malayalam, Meesha means Mustache.
I had a whole lot of nicknames attributed to my moustache, over the last few years. My moustache always used to be a talking point among my friends. Some used to loath over the fact that I have one, and they don't. Others would say, I should try out various combinations of mustache and beard, and there was this doctor friend of mine, who went to the extent of commenting on the androgen levels in my body !!! The fact of the matter being, anyone on who knew me could easily attribute the thick mustache to identify me.

However, the point in contention is how i lost the mustache. My father always insisted that I should maintain my moustache. He always wanted me to trim it regularly, and keep it in check. After my midsem exams at IIT, I came to trivandrum for a couple of days. My father as always, told me to get a proper shave, a hair cut, and trim my mustache. I was too lazy to get the hair cut done, and trim the moustache, but did manage to shave my beard. Today morning, my father told that he ll help with the trimming, and asked me to bring a scissors. I gave him the scissor, and he started trimming my moustache. I knew there was some massive destruction going on, but I did not bother to look up in the mirror. Instead, I asked my mother,(who was not wearing her glasses) how it was? She responded with a nod, and my father kept working on it for another couple of minutes, and he told, it is done !!!

I walked to the mirror and found that, I was looking different. My moustache had been cut to size, and it resembled more like hitler's moustache. I guess that looked better. I walked to my mother and complained, and she told, she had not seen then.Father, seemed least bothered about the state of moustache, and was getting ready to leave for office. Having realized the grim state of my moustache, I decided to work on it on my own, I made some more modifications,and things went worse. In the meantime, I took a shower, and was preparing to leave for temple with my mother and brother. My brother, who was at sea as to what was going around, came downstairs,looked at me and started laughing. He issued a warning that,"if you want to come with me, you need to shave off your worse than hitler moustache". I became conscious of how bad the mustache was hence i decided to do away with the mustache, for the first time in my life :)

3 comments:

Krishnakali said...

why dint you take a pic with dat "worse-than-Hitler" one also..v cud hv judged it... Anyway Good thing is its Reproducible!! Thank God! :D

The King said...

aliyaa.. ippo ninne purathu vechu kandaal pilleru thirichariyo ennu doubtaa.. :D

nee pedikkendaa.. aadhyamaayittaayondaa ninakkee chaluppu.. sheelamaakumede.. now u look some 5 years younger,man.. 26-il kooduthal aarum parayilla.. sathyam... :D

Unknown said...

yea KK is right, u cud hv dne that :)