Sunday, August 3, 2008

Quest for Glory

Having read numerous detective stories,and short stories,i had always longed to write a book.The question in hand is,short story or detective novel??..:D.After due consideration i thought of writing a crime thriller.So,how do i begin??..
The commercial success of similar novels,inspired me to create a character who solves the puzzles.Maybe i thought,i can write sequels and earn a fortune.I needed a name,something catchy like 'Hercule Poirot' or 'Sherlock Holmes'.I couldn't find any convincing name.The Ramu's, shyamu's,Ravi's etc were inhibiting my thought process.So i put on hold the name issue,and moved on.The next in line was a theme.Murder Mystery; unanimous choice.So one down,and many to go....
I needed a back drop for my story.Should i create something like a 'Malgudi',the indianness in me was becoming the true villian.I remained inconclusive.I had to create many characters and with them names.The journey was becoming more and more tricky.I had no solution to the issues that had cropped up and so i decided to put my quest on hold...Four years had gone by,and the tide hasn't turned ever since.A premature death to my quest for glory..

2 comments:

Sreehari H said...

if the story is a comedy ,
you may name the hero sreehari.

Sandeep said...

sure dude!!!